There are many people who have trouble sleeping well. They find it difficult to fall asleep, they wake up with some frequency in the middle of the night or they spend the night "up" tossing and turning in bed, without being able to sleep a wink all night.
What usually happens the next day? Well, you're not going to face the air, you're tired all day, unable to concentrate, without strength. And when this situation occurs night after night, you have to know that not sleeping properly has consequences for your body.
do you know there isnatural remedies that can help you fight insomnia? We are going to talk about some habits that will help you sleep better, the properties of certain plants such as valerian and also some products such asCBD oil.
How to fight insomnia with natural remedies
Theinsomnia is one of the sleep disorders more frequent. It is very important to raise awareness of the importance of having quality sleep. Do you know what the requirements are for aquality sleep? According to the Spanish Society of Neurology (SEN), itsduration, which should be enough to make you feel rested and alert the next day; itscontinuity, because the periods of dreams should be continuous, without fragmentation and thedepth, as sleep must be deep enough to be restorative.
Insomnia is a major health problem. Experts associate it with a reduction in quality of life, daily performance, cognitive and memory deficits, anxiety and depression problems, as well as problems with hypertension, diabetes, obesity and the appearance of other diseases.
One of the main causes of insomnia is usuallystress and anxiety, and lately, the feeling of uncertainty generated by the COVID19 pandemic.
The high number of people suffering from insomnia has generated an increase in the consumption of anxiolytics and sleeping pills to sleep. Instead of resorting to medication, it is better to know that certainNatural remedies can help you fight insomnia.
➔It may interest you:How to combat anxiety with natural remedies
Natural remedies that will help you sleep better
There are someNatural medicine which can be very effective forfight insomnia:
- CBD oil: effective natural remedy against insomniaand sleep disorders since it does not contain chemical elements such as sleeping pills, so it does not produce unwanted side effects such as a hangover the next day, nor does it generate dependency, which makes it a completely safe product. This acts in the regulation of sleep phases reducing anxiety, one of the main causes of insomnia and sleep disorders, making it one of the best allies to combat both: anxiety and insomnia.
➔Find out in the following article:how cbd for sleep will change your life.
- infusionsas theValerian, since this plant promotes sleep due to its relaxing properties; the tea of peppermintwhich also has relaxing properties or the infusion of Orange tree, since the orange leaves can help us to free ourselves from stress.
- Natural cherry juicel: Among its properties is that it contributes to increasing your melatonin levels, which allows you to sleep better and for longer, since melatonin is the natural hormone that our body generates that induces sleep.
- aromatherapy: scenting our pillow or bedding with oils, flowers or herbs promotes relaxation, rest and helps you fall asleep.
Recommendations from experts in sleep disorders
Between thetips for adults to combat insomnia recommended by specialists, we propose the following:
- Carry anormal pace of lifemaintaining stable meal times. Set a fixed time to sleep and wake up. Marking some routines helps promote a good rest.
- Avoid noise and light when you go to bed. Television and cell phones stimulate at bedtime, instead of relaxing. You can use relaxation or breathing techniques, even music. They are very useful to sleep better.
Make light dinners. The longer we take to digest dinner, the more difficult it will be to go to bed early.
Avoid stimulating drinks like caffeine or alcohol, especially before sleeping.
As for caffeine, if you suffer from insomnia or are very sensitive to caffeine, it is better not to consume it or limit yourself to doing it only in the morning and in limited amounts. According to Mathew Walker (sleep expert) caffeine can remain in the system for up to 12 hours in very sensitive people. This means that even if the energizing effect lasts for a few hours, we will still have caffeine in our system - and if we want to go to sleep within this time, we will either not be sleepy, or if we are, we may not go into deep sleep.
As for alcohol, while it can help us fall asleep faster, it can also disrupt our normal sleep cycles, resulting in less restful sleep. This has been shown by numerous studies, including the London Sleep Center team.
- Exercise regularly, better outdoors, but never before going to bed. In short, leading an active lifestyle is essential to falling asleep and combating insomnia.
- A comfortable temperature for sleepingand keep the room ventilated. Also use comfortable bedding.
- Use the room only for sleeping. Don't work on it. Do not turn your bed into your office, especially now that there are many people telecommuting.