Today in Upani we tell you how it can be beneficialcbd oil to treat very serious diseases such as Parkinson's disease that affects more than ten million people worldwide.
What is Parkinson's disease?
Parkinson's disease is a chronic neurodegenerative disorder, which means that it is a progressive disease of the nervous system; It has a higher incidence in elderly people, the average age of onset is 55-57 years.
Causes of Parkinson's disease
Although there are no known specific causes for Parkinson's disease, several factors are associated, among which are:
- Genes: certain genetic variations can increase the chances of having Parkinson's, or when a family has many cases of the disease over the years.
- Toxins: exposure to some environmental factors or toxins can increase the risk of suffering from this disease, but the chances are very low.
Some risk factors are:
- Age: as we mentioned before, the age at which this disease usually appears is in advanced ages, it is very rare that it appears in children or young adults
- Sex: women are less likely than men to develop this disease
Many Parkinson's disease patients can suffer from complications, and this is where CBD oil can play a very important role, some of these complications are:
- Difficulty thinking: it usually happens in advanced stages of the disease, they present cognitive problems that do not respond to traditional medications
- Problems swallowing: they swallow slowly and begin to drool due to the accumulation of saliva in the mouth
- They have sleep disorders: they may wake up several times at night, fall asleep during the day or wake up in the early morning without going back to sleep.
- Constipation: this happens because the digestive system starts to work slower
- They can suffer from emotional changes and depression: it is common in all stages, especially at the beginning, when they do not understand or accept what is happening
- Problems eating: in advanced stages it is very common since the muscles of the mouth are affected, which makes it difficult for them to chew and eat
- Bladder problems: this disease can cause inability to hold urine in patients.
- Tiredness: you feel that you lose energy throughout the day
- Blood pressure: they may feel dizzy or lightheaded from a slight drop in blood pressure
CBD is increasingly used worldwide to treat diseases
In countries such as the United Kingdom, theCBD in diseases such as severe epilepsy and multiple sclerosis, where patients suffer from chronic pain; The same thing happens with Parkinson's disease, since our brain has several cannabinoid receptors in various places in it, such as in a receptor called GPR6 within the basal ganglia, which is an area that Parkinson's greatly affects.
Scientists at the University of Louisville, Kentucky School of Medicine have seen positive results; have proven that in patients suffering from Parkinson's disease, some patients showed improvement in tremors, in mood swings and in sleep problems and disorders; In the same study, it was shown, with a small sample of patients, that CBD oil was able to reduce psychopathic symptoms in Parkinson's patients.
CBD oil, as we know, has many health properties and benefits, and although much research is still ongoing, it has been found to be especially effective in treating neurology and psychiatry.
The use ofCBD oils for Parkinson's patients it can be a great solution to improve their quality of life, remembering that CBD oil can help with insomnia and anxiety by having anxiolytic properties, with chronic pain by having anti-inflammatory, analgesic, antioxidant benefits , among others.
Don't wait a moment longer to try our CBD oils! At Upani we offer the highest quality CBD oils focused on different needs.
By joining the Upani Club now you can receive a 5% discount instantly, and you will also be entered into a monthly raffle where you can win one of our most acclaimed products valued at €60.
We remind you that in Upani we have an oil withspecialized CBD and recommended for chronic or high intensity pain, such as a Parkinson's disease patient.
For any questions, do not hesitate to contact us, we will explain everything you need to choose the CBD oil that best suits your needs!